Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog #6

Reflect back on a time of great loss or failure.

Back in 7th grade at State Academic Team, I placed 7th in the State in Mathematics. I was freakin pumped! There was a huge trophy that came with it and everything. After the meet and everything was over, I resolved to place even higher than I did that year; I did have a reputation to uphold, after all. So, 8th grade year comes around, and I make it all the way to State again, and once I take the test, I get... 11th. The Top Ten testers get trophies. Needless to say, I was incredibly disappointed. Freshman year rolls around... I get 12th place. Something's wrong here, I thought. Sophomore year finally gets here, and... 12th place again. I was just really, really disappointed with myself after 3 straight years of not placing in the Top Ten. I'm one of the best kids in the State at Math, but I can't even make it to the Top Ten. I was just about to give up because I was so frustrated, but I obviously didn't. That'd just be ridiculous =P

No comments:

Post a Comment